BenchLinc™ Discrete Sample Inspection
In addition to typical in-process, continuous measurement applications, LaserLinc’s non-contact measurement equipment is well suited to off-line sample inspection. Non-contact measurement ensures accuracy and computerized operation makes the operator’s job easy. BenchLinc™ systems for off-line inspection are also available in a Pro version (see below).
Benchtop inspection systems vary greatly. Contact us to discuss your specific needs. We will help you determine whether an off-the-shelf solution is available from within our library of designs, or if a customized approach is best.
BenchLinc System Highlights
- Virtually eliminate operator error through non-contact measurement and automatic checking and recording of results
- Choose from a variety of part-holding or guiding fixtures to suit your specific needs
- Perfectly satisfy operator needs, data collection, and reporting requirements with Total Vu™ software (included), especially:
- Customizable displays
- Data logging of results in comma separated values (CSV) format,
- User-defined identifiers (up to 8 with Pro version), such as part number, serial number, batch, and operator, can be captured for paperless operation and easy identification of data files
- Excel®-based, automated, print or electronic reporting (BenchLinc Pro version)
Simple, But Effective and Accurate
At the simple end of the spectrum, BenchLinc systems are comprised of a scanning laser micrometer, a PC with Total Vu software, and a V-block for holding the product to inspect. Simply lay the part in the V-block and the system will measure it consistently, accurately, and quickly. V-blocks are available in a variety of configurations.
Measuring products like camshafts and catheters can be automated using our Profile Vu-L™ product. Less operator error, better gage R&R, and shorter inspection times are just a few of the advantages a Profile Vu™ system offers. Read more here.
360º of Inspection
LaserLinc’s spring-loaded zero chucks hold a product sample and rotate it automatically for complete inspection of the product’s profile. A user-defined inspection profile controls rotation of the sample and the frequency of measurement.
The maximum, minimum, range, average, and standard deviation statistics are automatically computed for each sample inspected. Part acceptance can be based on an individual measurement, any of these summary statistics, or a combination thereof.
Zero chucks are available in 0.125in [3.17mm] and 0.5in [12.7mm] sizes, to measure up to 0.125 inch and 0.5 inch diameter products respectively.
Inspect Tubing Diameter and Wall Thickness Off-Line
Just as with our scanning laser micrometers, the UltraGauge+™ device can be used to add wall thickness measurement to off-line inspection systems. As an example, see our BenchLinc system for inspecting cut-to-length metal tubing.
BenchLinc Pro Adds Value
Order your BenchLinc system with Pro software and receive these additional benefits:
- Produce electronic or printed reports from Excel®-based templates
- Save money by sharing one system among multiple lines and operators using concurrent batching; data from each line is kept separate
- Use polar charts to graph measurement values versus angle for quick visual understanding of sample profile
- Generate complete electronic records, including information about the order, the process, and the product, with up to eight user-defined fields for operators to select or enter information. The result is paperless operation!
Microsoft, Excel, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks
of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.